This is a filling and very satisfying one, filled with good stuff, and flavorful.
It’s inspired by Pioneer Woman’s Potato Soup. I have adapted it to my own tastes.
- 6 slices thick bacon, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 cups of diced potatoes, diced. Avoid baking potatoes. I don’t peel, but you certainly can.
- 1 qt of chicken stock (unsalted preferred)
- 1 c heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp creole seasoning (commercial or homemade)
- 1 tbsp freshly minced parsley
- 1 c grated cheese (Edam was my choice)
- 3 scallions, finely minced
- Cook up the bacon until crisp in a large heavy-duty soup pot. Remove…
View original post 155 more words